Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Picture of Dorian Gray, Question 7

I had a deep interest in the novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray. Wilde does a very good job of keeping a reader interested in what he’s writing. He is very descriptive in his writing, as well as relatable. There is also a suspense aspect to his writing. Though there aren’t many “cliff hangers” there is a certain part of the reader that is always left wondering (in a good way, of course). All of these qualities together make for a deadly afternoon of nonstop reading! I really enjoyed the mystery in wondering what was going to happen next, yet I liked being able to try and guess what I predicted would happen. Many novels seem to just drone on and on, but I felt like a new idea or topic was brought up the right amount of times. There was not one small idea that continued on much too long as there is in some novels. The way I was pulled into the novel encourages me to look into some other classics by Wilde. If all his novels are as interesting, mysterious, and exciting at this one was, I would definitely be interested in reading another one. It was very well written.


Wilde, Oscar. Picture of Dorian Gray. Pleasantville, NY: Reader's Digest Association, 2007. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment