Friday, July 15, 2011

"Good Readers and Good Writers" Reaction,

I feel as though I had a mostly positive and thoughtful response to this essay. Though this essay was not my favorite thing to read, I do believe I got something out of it. It gave me a better understanding of what I need to be working on while reading, as well as the things I should be looking for and working on as a writer. The essay was full of good advice that I will be able to use many a time in life. Our world is filled with literature, no matter where you go. It doesn't matter how much our society becomes dependent on technology, because there will still be reading and writing involved. The statement, "Nothing is more boring or more unfair to the
author than starting to read, say, Madame Bovary, with the preconceived notion that it is a denunciation of the bourgeoisie." (Nabokov 1). is probably one of my favorite statements in the entire essay because of the truth it holds. Everyone has been held victim of this. There is not a person who has never looked at the cover of a book, a magazine, or news article and formed an opinion of the story before even reading the first sentence.
Because of the slight lack of interest (just being honest) I had in this essay, I think the fact that I was able to come out of this with a positive reaction is completely logical. Certain parts of the essay gave me an emotional response, but over all, my reaction was logical.


Nabokov, Vladimir Vladimirovich, and Fredson Bowers. Lectures on Literature. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1980. Print.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories.
    DonaldTrump

    ReplyDelete