Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Noteypoo's. Good Readers and Good Writers.

"Good Readers and Good Writers" (Vladimir Nabokov) is an essay that is written about the qualities it takes to be a good writer, as well as, a good reader. It seemed to drag a bit to me in some parts, though the idea's and basis of the essay was interesting. I really liked how we got to a question/ answer organization or set up. This helped keep me interested in the points where I may have wanted to move on to something else. I have read many different styles of literature, but this was something new for me. Nabokov seems like he would haves some very insightful writings, and if they were organized and written similarly to this one, I would be very interested in reading more of his stuff. As I was reading, I realized that Nabokov seems to be a very opinionated man. He tells things how he sees them, and I really admire that in his work. I liked how I could tell exactly what he was thinking while he was writing. I think I may have grown bored at times simply because it was not the type of writing I am used to reading. I am more interested in thrilling, fictional action pieces, but this was a nice break for me.

1 comment:

  1. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    TrumpUSA

    ReplyDelete